In recent years, ice cream is selling more than ever. If you compare with 10 years ago, the market has increased 25%, and made the highest sales in 2013, which was over 430 billion yen.
The sales ranking of ice cream was announced. The record was taken from the 2 million receipts registered monthly in “RecoReco”, a housekeeping book app for smartphones.
The best 10 are the following:
1. “Gari-gari kun (shaved ice bar)” Akagi milk
2. “PARM” Morinaga Milk
3. “MOW” Morinaga Milk
4. “Yukimi Daifuku (mochi-covered ice cream)” LOTTE
5. “Häagen-Dazs” Häagen-Dazs
6. “Soh (vanilla ice cream)” LOTTE
7. “Super Cup (vanilla ice cream)” Meiji
8. “Suika bar (watermelon bar)” LOTTE
9. “Ice no mi (fruits of ice)” glico
10. “Papiko (flavored shaved ice)” glico
I always alternatively eat PARM and Super Cup.
It was a surprise to find that despite the recent rich milk ice cream boom, the 1st one in place was “Gari-gari kun”, a shaved ice bar. “Gari-gari kun” is known for its bold marketing method, and we’ll introduce that another time.
If you have a chance to come to Japan, please try these top selling ice creams. They can be purchased at convenience stores.