The cooks in the Edo period know how to make a reverse hard boiled egg, with the yolks inside! This was written in the cook book Banho Ryori Himitsubako which was published in 1785.
You would need the following;
raw egg, scotch tape, a pair of stockings, flashlight.
- Cover the whole egg with scotch tape.
- Light the egg with a flashlight. The egg should look transparent at this point.
- Put the egg in the stockings, tie both side of the egg. Make sure that the egg comes to the middle of the stocking.
- Hold both sides of the stockings and spin the egg using centrifugal force.
- The stocking will become twisted, and if you pull both side, the egg will spin very fast. Do this 10 times.
- Light the egg with a flashlight. It should look darker now, and is no longer transparent.
- Place the egg in boiling water. Move it around so the egg doesn’t crack for 5 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Done! Peel the shell when the egg is cold.
The egg will now have a new texture like a dessert. This egg will make you popular at the next home party!
Translated by Yuki Mat.